The HR team is led by the Director of Finance & HR, Alex Rutterford-Duffety, supported by the Trust HR Manager, Maxine Flynn, and HR Co-ordinator, Laura Barton.
Our Headteachers are responsible for the management of staff at school level with support on a range of employee relations matters, by the HR team within the Shared Services Team.
The HR team provides the following services:
- Extensive and bespoke advice, coaching and support of senior leaders in dealing with ER matters.
- Policy development and consultation.
- Support for schools on recruitment and retention issues.
- Audits of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and good practice.
- Termly Headteacher conference sessions on HR matters.
- Developing and providing resources to support leaders with wellbeing and employee engagement.
DEMAT aims to support all employees to achieve a healthy wellbeing and is committed to the shared goal for positive wellbeing as outlined in the ACAS Framework for Positive Mental Health at Work and we encourage schools to actively utilise resources to ensure they actively support wellbeing.